Version 78 is out

Home Forums English support forum Version 78 is out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    adminadmin
    Keymaster

Dear Users,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the issues you have experienced with the app over the past few days.

Our initial plan to perform a controlled update did not go as planned, and we ended up having to implement a sudden upgrade to version 78 of the app.

Therefore, I ask everyone to update your app to version 78, both on the thermostat and on the clients, and ideally, to reconfigure your nodes.

There’s more bad news. Unfortunately, the older Google APIs related to the login system and push notifications are becoming obsolete and will be discontinued in the coming months. Consequently, I have had to raise the minimum Android version required to run our app, which is now Android 4.4. Regrettably, the thermostat will not work on older versions of Android.

Personally, the oldest version I have been able to test it on is version 7. I do not have any older devices to test it on, and I would appreciate it if you could inform me if it works on your older devices:

I hope that version 78 will once and for all solve the problems with login. Should you encounter any issues or errors, please do not hesitate to notify me.

Best regards,

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by adminadmin.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by adminadmin.
    Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

Thank you for your hard work.
    FYI.

All devices I use were upgraded to version 78 prod automatically from 74.

If have one phone running Android 5.1.1 which gives the connection error if I want to make it a client by scanning the QR code.
    Not important for me but just for your knowledge.

One client Samsung Galaxy TAB A shows difference of 3 minutes update time in the status screen.

If I set boost temp higher as 22 it gives an error that it can not be set that high. 21 works fine. Max temp is set in configuration at 23 degrees.

Paco

adminadmin
    Keymaster

I will try to reproduce your problems, and hopefully fix them.

One question: which version of Android is running your Thermostat device?

Thanks in advance.

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Paco Raap,

When you have a free minute, could you please send me a screenshot of the ‘Info’ screen (where the version and other information is displayed) for each device that’s giving you trouble?

Thanks a lot

Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

Hello, the master runs Android 9.
    The time difference on the master is now correct and not three minutes.
    But since version 74 I have this other problem.
    I assigned a single program at 16.5 degrees and saved it, by standard the value is 20 degrees.
    I switch ON the program to Auto mode. It displays 16.5 as setpoint temp.
    At 0.00 hour (midnight) the value of the Auto mode is set to 20 degrees automatically.
    With version 73 I did not had this problem.

one client runs 5.1.1 android but currently gives the STOP message when I try to open the app.
    So I cant get the info screen.
    Is this enough info?

Paco

Frans de HaanFrans de Haan
    Participant

Hello,

Just updated to the new version….
    Samsung TAB4, model SM-T530 and android version 5.0.2

I also get a “Smart thermostat has stopped” error after about 5 sec and the app closes.

Greetings Frans

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I fixed the crash that happens for android version 5. I just published the version 80 on the play store, it could take one day or two until the app is reviewed and published.

Please let me know if you are able to start the app on Android 5.0 with the version 80.

@PacoRaap: Maybe this is not a bug at all. Please check what the temperature of the next day is. For example, if you set in your program the temperature for Monday to 16.5º, but you don’t customize the temperature for Tuesday, then at 00:00 hour, when the date jumps to the next day, the termostat will load the setup for the next day, and adjust the objective temperature.

Maybe you forgot to configure all the days of the week?

Please let me know

Regards

Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

Hello, I have to take some findings back.
    Your correct about setting EACH day with the program. I only did one day expecting all days were the same. Me bad.
    For the boost temp not passing 21 degrees is just me again be wrong. The maximum temp was set at 21 degrees instead of 23 I thought it was.
    If boost is set and current room temp is higher as the boost temp set the function is disabled.
    I wait for all devices do auto update to version 80 and report back for the android 5.0 problem.

Thanks again.

Paco

Frans de HaanFrans de Haan
    Participant

Hello,

The crash on android is gone 🙂

Greetings Frans

Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

I confirm too that Android 5.1.1 is working fine as client.

Paco

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.