Unknown error

Home Forums English support forum Unknown error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi, 12 hours ago started getting unknown error on thermostat phone and other client devices are not syncing with it, they are logging on ok, version 73 was installed when it came out, everything was fine until 12 hours ago, I’ve checked WiFi channels for interference etc, rebooted router etc, cleared cash, etc, esp’s ok

Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

Same problem here. Server problem?
    Unknown error message for every input on the clients and the master.
    Master works fine when running the program itself.

Paco

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Disaster now, uninstalled and reinstalled app, can’t get passed sign in with Google now, comes back with error, I now have no thermostat!

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi!

I took a look at the server, and it was in an unstable state for reasons I couldn’t determine. After restarting it, I was able to connect without any issues.

Could you please try again and let me know if it works, or if it does not work?

Best regards and thank you

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi, unfortunately no, I’ve reinstalled the app and can’t get passed the log on with Google stage, it comes back with unknown error

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I promise I will take a look at it, but it will take a while, as this is only a hobby project and I don’t have much time.

In the meanwhile, could you describe exactly when you get the error? By trying to login the first time after installing the app?

Thank in advance.

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi, after reinstalling the app, option of thermostat then sign in with Google after accepting the terms, then comes back as unknown error and won’t sign in

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Dear user,

I have a question.

Diagnosing the error is quite challenging, and it seems to only occur sporadically for two users. I suspect it may have something to do with the user account, which is why I need some more detailed information.

When you first encountered the error, did you delete your user account from the server using the available option in the settings section of the app?

Is the Google email account you used to log into the mobile app the same as the one you use to log into this website (you don’t need to write it here)?

Could you try logging into the mobile app with a different Google account to see if that works?

Another option could be to delete your user account from the website, but I’m not sure if that will have any effect. If all else fails, we can try that.

Best regards,

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi, the account used to log on here is not a Google account, the account used on play store and the thermostat app is a Google account, interesting though the client app is still on two other devices and they actually log on to the server with the Google account but obviously they don’t do anything cos I’ve no thermostat working, should I try uninstall the app on the other devices?
    I haven’t got another Google account to try,
    I thank you for your time 🙂

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi again, I think it’s something to do with the Google account, I can get past the Google log in on another device, so I’m going to factory reset the phone I am going to use as the thermostat and will let you know

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Tried a factory reset on the phone, still can’t get passed log on with Google, but the first time I tried I got a quick welcome back message just before the error message,
    Strange though if I use a more up to date device I can get it to work as a thermostat but not older devices? What is the oldest android version this will work to?

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Bit of an update, created a new Google account, still can’t get passed ” sign on with Google” but I can’t understand why I can on a new device?

Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

Sorry I am currently on holiday and have no access to the thermostat.
    I left when the problem happened. It all worked fine until out of the blue the unknown error happened as described.
    I know it is a hobby project.
    No idea about the google log in and such.

When I am back I will report.

Paco

Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

This is the error I got when I on the master change the program and save and exit.
    Master still runs the program but keeps popping up the the unkown error.

Paco

Paco RaapPaco Raap
    Participant

Paco

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Paco RaapPaco Raap.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.