13/08/2021 at 09:23 #1611
Hi, all was working fine for ages, but I think your server went down, now it’s working again but get unknown error on thermostat, and remote devices don’t sync properly, was going to reload but the app is no longer on play store?13/08/2021 at 16:39 #1613
I haven’t had time yet to adapt the app to the new Google guidelines. In the meanwhile, you can download it directly from here:
And now, about the main problem. Indeed, a couple of days ago, the backend was moved to a new server. I have reviewed the logs of the server and didn’t find an error or something that explains your issue.
Because of that, I need to ask you for more information. May you install a network tool app, like for example,
on both of your devices (the thermostat and the client), and ping the following url: https://www.smart-thermostat.eu
The IP returned should be 184.108.40.206. If it is not, then you have to force your device to refresh the DNS. This can be achieved by rebooting your devices or rebooting your router.
Please let me know if this helps. If not, we will look at it in more detail.
Thanks!14/08/2021 at 16:59 #1617
Hi, downloaded the ping app, but when i ping “smart-thermostat.eu” i receive replies from “vmd78201.contaboserver.net” 3 transmitted, 3 received.
when i ping 220.127.116.11 i receive from 18.104.22.168 3 transmitted, 3 received.
tried reloading the client and temperature apps, the client apps won’t control the thermostat but show the correct temp and status, tried rebooting the router, do i have to reload the sketches to esp32’s, they appear to be working ok when i look at their IP’s14/08/2021 at 17:02 #1618
forgot to mention, i also get occasional “Error unknown error happened” on thermostat device14/08/2021 at 19:45 #1619
don’t reload the sketches, the problem has to be on the server. I will take a look a it as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
R. Campos.14/08/2021 at 23:36 #1620
One thing i have noticed is that when something is changed on a client device it changes on another client device but not the thermostat device e.g. boost, manual, auto etc, so does not operate the heating, while a change on the thermostat device does alter the client devices, sorry for not explaining very well15/08/2021 at 10:08 #1621
I was able to reproduce the issue, and fix it. I uploaded the hotfix a couple of hours ago to the server.
Interestingly, this error is not related with the server migration. It was only a coincidence.
Please, reset your thermostat by searching the nodes again. Then it should work. In worst case, you will need to logout and login from all your connected devices.
Let me know if it worked or not.
THanks.15/08/2021 at 14:43 #1622
Hi, yup, all seems to be working now, I’ve changed settings from client and thermostat apps and all ok, must say this is a great project especially the fact that you can move the esp temp sensors to ideal locations, its a feature i haven’t found in any other set up, commercially or otherwise, thanks very much
Chris16/08/2021 at 08:08 #1623
glad that it worked out. I will fix the app one of these days, and upload it to the store again.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.