Smart thermostat app

Home Forums English support forum Smart thermostat app

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi, all was working fine for ages, but I think your server went down, now it’s working again but get unknown error on thermostat, and remote devices don’t sync properly, was going to reload but the app is no longer on play store?

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi there,

indeed, Google removed the app from the store a couple of weeks ago, due to a problem with the login and the privacy policy. The app has to be updated to display the privacy policy before the user performs the log-in or something like that.

I haven’t had time yet to adapt the app to the new Google guidelines. In the meanwhile, you can download it directly from here:

https://www.smart-thermostat.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/app-release.apk

And now, about the main problem. Indeed, a couple of days ago, the backend was moved to a new server. I have reviewed the logs of the server and didn’t find an error or something that explains your issue.

Because of that, I need to ask you for more information. May you install a network tool app, like for example,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ua.com.streamsoft.pingtools

on both of your devices (the thermostat and the client), and ping the following url: https://www.smart-thermostat.eu

The IP returned should be 144.91.89.223. If it is not, then you have to force your device to refresh the DNS. This can be achieved by rebooting your devices or rebooting your router.

Please let me know if this helps. If not, we will look at it in more detail.

Thanks!

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi, downloaded the ping app, but when i ping “smart-thermostat.eu” i receive replies from “vmd78201.contaboserver.net” 3 transmitted, 3 received.
    when i ping 144.91.89.223 i receive from 144.91.89.223 3 transmitted, 3 received.
    tried reloading the client and temperature apps, the client apps won’t control the thermostat but show the correct temp and status, tried rebooting the router, do i have to reload the sketches to esp32’s, they appear to be working ok when i look at their IP’s

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

forgot to mention, i also get occasional “Error unknown error happened” on thermostat device

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi There,

don’t reload the sketches, the problem has to be on the server. I will take a look a it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

R. Campos.

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

One thing i have noticed is that when something is changed on a client device it changes on another client device but not the thermostat device e.g. boost, manual, auto etc, so does not operate the heating, while a change on the thermostat device does alter the client devices, sorry for not explaining very well

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi!

I was able to reproduce the issue, and fix it. I uploaded the hotfix a couple of hours ago to the server.

Interestingly, this error is not related with the server migration. It was only a coincidence.

Please, reset your thermostat by searching the nodes again. Then it should work. In worst case, you will need to logout and login from all your connected devices.

Let me know if it worked or not.

THanks.

chrisncc1701chrisncc1701
    Participant

Hi, yup, all seems to be working now, I’ve changed settings from client and thermostat apps and all ok, must say this is a great project especially the fact that you can move the esp temp sensors to ideal locations, its a feature i haven’t found in any other set up, commercially or otherwise, thanks very much
    Chris

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

glad that it worked out. I will fix the app one of these days, and upload it to the store again.

Regards!

R. Campos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.