Manual button on relay module

Home Forums English support forum Manual button on relay module

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ovidiu StefanOvidiu Stefan
    Participant

Hi,

I found this project and is very interesting. I will try with 8266 boards and DHT22 sensors.
    My question is if it’s possible to add a button to the module with relay, in order to start/stop the heating manually. This option would be useful if the wifi network is faulty.
    Many thanks,
    Ovidiu

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Indeed, it would be possible to add a button to the relay node to act as the main switch for the heating system. But regrettably this feature is outside of the objectives of this project and would mean many changes in the way it is conceived. Besides that, having only a switch on the relay node is a very poor feature if you don’t have a way to set the desired temperature.

Sorry for the disappointment,

R. Campos.

Participant

Hi,

Thank you for answer. What about the case when one of involved modules is damaged ? In this case will be impossible to turn on the heating. In my country, in some winter days could be very unpleased to stay in a cold house 🙂
    Now, I have a classical wireless thermostat, and the module connected to the heating system, have this feature (see the picture) , in case that, from various reasons, the connection with remote module is loosed.

Best regards,
    Ovidiu

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ovidiu,

yes, I understand your concern, and I suppose that I can only answer you that if one of the modules is damaged, then it has to be replaced.

I suppose that if I was in this situation, I would improvise a button with some switch available at home (a wall switch would do the job)

Another option would be to add the button to the relay node yourself. The source code for the sketch is available, and it should not be very difficult.

I see that your request makes sense, but I don’t have the resources (I don’t have the time) to add to the project all the individual desires requested by the users. If this requested feature awakens the attention of other users, then I will reconsider adding it.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, sorry that I can not satisfy your request.

Regards.

Participant

Thank you very much for answer. Yes, I will add somehow this button. All my respect for your interesting project.
    Ovidiu

Miguel GarciaMiguel Garcia
    Participant

Good afternoon, I also find it interesting. Not only in case at any given time I run out of Wi-Fi or I have any other problem, but in case I am not there and my partner does not know how to solve it.
    For now I have to say that everything works perfectly, I am very happy with this thermostat. Now I’m going to add 3 more temperature modules, I don’t know if they will appear in the graphs, but I want to see the temperature changes in other places in the house. I’ll tell you how everything went.

a greeting

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi!

I see this option is gaining acquiring supporters. Eventually I will add it to the todo list.

But I have a question. My boiler has already a way to start it in manual mode. If the thermostat is not working, I can always turn on the heating manually on the control panel of the boiler.

Your boiler does not have that function?

Regards!

Participant

Good morning, my boiler doesn’t have that button. It turns on and off. If you do not have the room temperature thermostat, it is regulated with the internal thermostat when having the bridge. Once the water reaches the temperature that the boiler is programmed for and when the temperature drops it starts again. But when you remove the bridge, that doesn’t work, it doesn’t start until you close the relay. I take this opportunity to comment that in the graphics, I don’t know if more hours could be added, I explain myself. When you pass the pointer through the graph, it tells you the desired temperature, actual temperature, whether the heating is working or not. In that balloon, could you add the hour with minutes? A greeting!

Participant

Hi
    Miguel, my boiler is the same. With the bridge installed, the temperature will be regulated by the internal thermostate of boiler. Without bridge, only the external thermostate will regulate, so there is no other possibility to controll manually.

In the meantime I have another question/ideea, what about posibility to automatic change of master sensor module during a day? I mean that, for example, during the night, one sensor module installed in bedroom to be the master and during a setted period of day, other sensors to be masters, in order to regulate the temperature in other rooms.
    BR,
    Ovidiu

Participant

Well, it’s not a bad idea, now I’m going to install three more modules and it would be interesting

adminadmin
    Keymaster

In that balloon, could you add the hour with minutes? A greeting!

Yes, that it is possible. I write it down for the next version.

In the meantime I have another question/ideea, what about posibility to automatic change of master sensor module during a day? I mean that, for example, during the night, one sensor module installed in bedroom to be the master and during a setted period of day, other sensors to be masters, in order to regulate the temperature in other rooms.
    BR,
    Ovidiu

The idea is again, a good idea. I will write it down, and if it is requested by more users, then I will implement it. I suppose I may add to each period of a program, the possibility to select which node is the master…

Participant

Good evening, on the one hand, to say, it would be nice to be able to select the master node from the client app. Just as from the server you can select, from the client, depending on the moment, it would be nice to change it. Although the change is not automatic.

On the other hand, I would like to keep the registry of all the nodes that we have connected in the graphics.

Regards, and thank you very much

Miguel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.